Monday, June 17, 2013

The roads where pretty bad between the boarder and about 100 miles into Canada.  Everything seemed to hold up good though.  I stopped in Whitehorse and looked at their transportation museum and toured the SS Klondike paddle wheeler.  When I reviewed my pictures later I noticed I forgot to take any pictures of the outside of the boat!  Oops.
I continued to Skagway and what a great drive.  I will be making some more stops on the way out of town to take some more pictures.  If you are looking for some great scenery, the road to Skagway is awesome.  I'm going to try to get on a train ride today.  We'll see how booked up they are. 
Here's some pictures of what I saw yesterday.

Just to show how rough the road really was (glad it isn't mine!):
 
Satellite dish garden art








Whitehorse transportation museum:














Interesting airplane engine. (Folker if I remember right)





 
I see your 22" rims and raise you 72" rims!  Rims and tires are about 10 feet tall.

 
There are 3 trailer units, but only one complete one with tires.

 
One of the first set-ups for moving predecessors to connex  containers.



Saw this rig at the Whitehorse airport.

 
Klondike paddle wheeler pictures




 












 
Along the road to Skagway



 
Had to add a rock to one of the MANY piles here.





 
Back in Alaska!









2 comments: