Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Brief update

The wifi here is very slow, so just a brief update for now.

I got to take a train ride out of Skagway.  Road 20.5 miles up and back.  Very pretty ride, defiantly worth it!  I also toured a gold dredge.  I've always wanted to walk through one.  I beat the busses there so I had the tour guide to myself even.  Town was a mad house.  3 cruise ships were in, so I didn't hang around to long.  I'll post some pictures when I get better connections, but the road to Skagway has to be one of the most scenic ever, except maybe the road to Stewart, BC.
I left Skagway last night and camped along the road.  Nice quiet spot and free even! Lol.  I made it about 150 miles this morning and pulled into a rest stop.  When I went back to my truck I heard air leaking from a tire.  So now I'm running on my spare.  I made it to Stewart BC. around 7pm.  Had dinner and am now set up for the night.  Hopefully get the tire fixed/replaced in the morning.  I drove into Hyder, Ak. Not much to see there. 
The highway was pretty rough for the most part.  Keeps the speed down though! Saw two black bears along the road side. 
Not much else to report on until I can upload pictures.
Don

No comments:

Post a Comment