Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lincoln NM and a few driving pics

Not a lot to see on the way to Lincoln from Sorroco, but a nice drive.  I made it to Plainsview TX.  Had an interesting evening in Lubbock TX.  I got waved down by a lady and her daughters who saw my license plate.  She has always dreamed of Alaska and hopes to visit some day.  They were going out for dinner (pizza) and invited me to join them.  So we ate and talked about Alaska and Texas.  Good time and great people.  Hope she makes it up some day.  

 In Lincoln NM.  Home of the Lincoln county wars, and Billy the Kid!
 Court house
 Old Billiard Hall.


 Bullet hole, allegedly from Billy the Kids when he shot his way out of the courthouse/jail.
 Court room


 Looking down the stairs at the bullet hole


 Tunstall store




 Torreon



 Tree found with B Kid carved into it.  Was it Billy?

 Montano store



 Oil drilling.  Reminds me of home!
 And a dam I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment