Sunday, December 1, 2013

Carlsbad Caverns

I visited Carlsbad Caverns today.  This is a place I've wanted to see as long as I can remember.  First off, if you go, they warn you about the 55 degree temperature in the cave, but fail to mention the 90% humidity.  I really didn't need that long sleeve shirt and ended up carrying it.  They also rent audio devices that you enter a number that you find along the path and it tells you a story about whatever is there.  Rent one!  They are $5.  I figured I'd just read the signs and didn't need one.  Well, there aren't any signs.  Just a number.  Still, it was a great cave to see and I really enjoyed it.  Sorry about some of the pictures.  It is hard to take good pictures in a cave, at least for me!  Seemed like it was either to bright or to dark and some of the rooms are huge so pictures don't work very good.  Anyway, enjoy!

 View from the entrance area

 Cave entrance, you can also take the elevator down instead of walking the mile or so long path that drops you down about 750 feet.


 Cave drawings
















 One of the old entrances









 Looked like snow




 Old cable ladder to get to the lower cave when they were exploring it.







1 comment:

  1. Those are some really cool pictures... I have been in the caves on South Dakota but it has 30 yrs or so.

    ReplyDelete