Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Butte World Museum of Mining

World Museum of Mining


 Cool ladder firetruck with a fence around it to make it hard to get a good picture.  It was electric drive with a 3 hp electric motor at each wheel.  It was built for the city of Butte but wasn't powerful enough to get up the hills.


 The printing building reminded me of Les Taylors old shop in Claremont.  He did the Claremont paper when I was little and did it all with block letters and presses in a small old building.  My Dad used to take us to visit with him and get the paper.
 I want a screw drive tractor!


















 Air powered train engine. Pre-dates battery driven ones.

 Elevators to take men into the mines.






 Hail and rain storm I ran into.  It was letting up by the time I took a picture.  Visibility was around 50 yards for a bit.  Fortunately I was pulling into a rest stop when It hit.  3/8" hail and high winds.  Went from sunny to oh crap in about 2 minutes!
 Trying to get a picture of the hail. Temperature dropped from 80's to 58 in about 15 minutes and then heated right back up, but with extra humidity!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment