Sunday, November 3, 2013

Railroad Museum, Cave, and scenery

Visited a Railroad Museum in Carson City















 This car was at the driving of the golden spike when the two railroads met up after completing the first trans-america railroad.

 French WW1 railroad car.  It's a 40/8 car meaning 40 troops and gear or 8 horses.











 Really cool self propeled  car.  Restored except no motors available so used a CAT instead.








 Had to stop to get checked in to California.  They asked where I was coming from. Apparently they don't look at license plates.  I told them Reno (which I just left) and they waved me through.
 Saw a sign for a cave, so I pulled in.  Another lava tube cave.  Fairly short but still cool.

















1 comment:

  1. Maybe the Alaska Plate confused them since it is a slight detour to get to California via Nevada for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete