Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Royal Gorge and Garden of the Gods

I made it to Colorado Springs this morning.  As their website said, the Royal Gorge bridge is closed due to a recent forest fire causing it some damage.  I did get some pictures from an overlook though.  With high hopes I headed to Pikes Peak, which was: CLOSED!  Open everyday of the year, except today!  So I drove through the Garden of the Gods and started to head north.  I changed my mind, since I really want to drive to the Peak, and got a room for the night.  I may have to do some longer drives over the next few days to make up time, but should be easy enough to do.  I plan on setting a speed/time record for a 2010 GMC pickup form Alaska.  It is a small class, but I think I have a shot!



Saw this airplane outside a restaurant in Colorado Springs.  


 Royal Gorge bridge






 Small memorial along the road.  Looked like some cool stuff so I stopped.






 I've been to the North Pole in Alaska, didn't know there was on in Colorado too!
 Garden of the Gods

















No comments:

Post a Comment