Sunday, March 2, 2014

Bonne Terre Mine diving.

Bonne Terre Mine Dive #4  This is one of the routes I dove (route 4) and it continues into more routes that I haven't seen yet.  Good video, not real sure about his choice of music though!


History Channel talks about Bonne Terre Mine   Interesting video about the mine history and condition today. The dives that takes you to the buildings and train engine are later dives that I haven't got to do, yet!


I did 3 dives at Bonne Terre Mine, their boat tour, and walking tour.  Mines are cool, diving is cool, but diving in a flooded mine is incredible! They have 37 different route you can dive, so I will be going back!  Next time I will have my own camera. It is interesting diving.  You are in the semi dark, you can't see the bottom a lot of the time, and it can be a constricted space.  It kept it very interesting. Lots of artifacts to see and just the structure of the mine with the lights above you give it an uniqueness that is hard to explain.  Part of the movie Abyss was filmed in the mine. So now I have to watch it again to see. 
I made it to St. Louis just in time for an ice storm so everything is closed today.  Hopefully tomorrow I can go back to playing tourist.  At least I had time to do laundry!  







No comments:

Post a Comment