Monday, August 19, 2013

Driving tanks, shooting machine guns, and crushing a car!

Today I went to drive a tank (www.driveatank.com) and got to fire a sten gun, M4, and 1919 belt fed (all full auto) then we went out and drove an APC, and a couple tanks.  I got to take the Challenger tank over a Cadillac!  Great time and I highly recommend going. 

 Mom and I in/on the Challenger after crushing a car.
 5 ton truck we rode to the tank driving area.
 Challenger
 1919 30cal (.308) machine gun

 Firing the M4.  I broke the trigger spring. (oops!)
 Sten gun. Real WW2 capture gun.

 Firing the 1919

 Dad and Mom riding on the Abbott SPG while I drove.



 The owner/instructor for my driving.  Great guy!




 The Trojan APC we drove.  Drove it with the hatch closed, looking through the little windows.  Made it a bit more of a challenge.  Also these aren't made for a 6'2" person!








 The first car to die





 Second car.  Old LTD.


 Here is the Cadillac I crushed.  Sorry the pictures posted in backward order.  They gave me the hood emblem and the key to take home as souvenirs.  Even offered to let me keep the Caddy!
 Dad and Mom by the Tank and Caddy










1 comment:

  1. Absolutely the best way to spend an afternoon, looks like alot of FUN! I love the pics of your parents riding on the back. How many people can say thier Son drove them around with a TANK :-)

    ReplyDelete